10.18.2012

Reality Check

Good afternoon!

It seems that no matter how I plan, life gets in the way.  "Best laid plans" and all that.  Well, I have neglected this little blog for far too long and I need to resurrect it.  We have so much fun stuff going on in our little corner of the homeschool world that I would love to share it all with you.  

So here goes... this week's Reality Check.

1. I am homeschooling 2 elementary-aged kids this year.  And one tot/preK.  With a 15-month-old "participating" as well.  I feel like I spend all day schooling (and cleaning up schooling) at this point.  I may have to tweak that a bit and try to combine more, but 4th grade, 1st grade and preK are harder ages to combine.  We'll see.

2. I love workboxes.  I really love the IDEA of workboxes.  I even made up all the lovely velcro tracking sheets and number system... all of it.  But we never use it.  It just doesn't work for our family.  

Have you ever been afraid to give up on something you were so sure would work when you started out?  Yeah, me, too.

3. I am a planner.  I love to plan out exactly what I would love to have happen.  In a perfect world, it would happen just the way I have it on my spreadsheet.  But I have issues executing it all when it doesn't go as planned.  I always forget that kids get hungry, and tired, and cranky, and...

4.  I am NOT a morning person.  Luckily, 3 out of 4 kiddos aren't either.  But my day gets started way too late to get it all done, so I need to train this night owl to get up earlier.

Ok... That is my current reality.  Tomorrow I will tell you the plan for the year.  (I'm a planner, remember!)  How it gets executed is in God's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment